Fremont, Nebraska United States
Fremont Evangelical Free Church strives for our congregation to grow in its love for Christ. Our consistent prayer is that the gospel, community, and mission become more important within the life of each individual God has given to us to serve. To that end we are seeking a Youth Pastor that loves Jesus and feels called to youth ministry endeavoring to teach, disciple, and challenge our youth for the sake of their spiritual growth and development.
The full-time Youth Pastor will minister to the youth ranging from 7th to 12th grade reporting to and cooperating with the Elders of the church. This ministry will include the recruitment and shepherding of adult leaders. Currently the youth program averages in excess of 30 students with that number expected to grow. However, key is not the number of students but growth in their love for Christ.
• A life that models what Christ expects of all believers while being dependent upon the Spirit
• Meets the biblical qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• A passionate heart for students and their families
• An ability to share and explain the gospel – especially to youth
• A demonstrated heart for and ability to disciple youth
• Teachable and a team player with a positive attitude
• A demonstrated ability to teach and handle the Word of God rightly
• Agreement with the Fremont E-Free Church Distinctives, Constitution, and the EFCA Statement of Faith
• Experience serving and teaching youth, especially in a leadership role
• Solid theological grounding / training
• Direct and oversee the youth ministry including the recruitment, vision casting, and training of volunteer youth leaders
• Strive for a growing love of Christ among the youth by connecting and interacting with them through regular large group and individual/small group gatherings
• Consistently being in prayer for and with the youth, teaching the need for and the importance of a strong prayer life
• Foster open and meaningful communication with parents
• Participate in and lead various youth programs including retreats and short-term missions
• Create a culture of discipleship in which youth are discipled and taught to be lifelong followers of Christ
• Work in unity with the Elders to lead the youth ministry in a way that is consistent with the overall direction and vision of the church
Fremont Evangelical Free Church is located in Fremont, Nebraska. The Fremont community has a population of approximately 25,000 and is approximately 30 minutes west of Omaha and 50 minutes north of Lincoln. Our local body is currently led by five elders, two of which are on full-time staff with the church. While the congregation formally votes on all significant matters, it is the elders that formulate and bring vision to the body for approval.
For more information about our local body visit our website at fremontefree.org.
To apply, please email your resume and other information you believe relevant to: [email protected] The search team leader is Mick Shadbolt and his email address is [email protected] We know that God is sovereign and look forward to the time in which the man he is preparing will join and minister along with us.