Woodbury, MN United States
About Christ Redeemer Church:
We are located on the east side of the Twin Cities in Woodbury, MN. We were planted ten years ago from Bethlehem Baptist Church (Minneapolis, MN). We are also a part of the Treasuring Christ Together Network, Converge, and The Gospel Coalition. Our programming is simple, gospel-centered, and relationally engaging. Our aim is to live life together on the disciple-making mission that God has given us for His glory and our joy. We are currently looking for a man who would serve as youth pastor for students in grades 7-12. See job description below.
• Committed to Word and Prayer (Acts 6)
• Mature walk with Christ
• Above reproach, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, loving, not a gossip, humble, submissive to church leadership
• Life/reputation shows the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control
• Some formal biblical/theological training
• Prior experience making disciples in a student context
• Prior experience teaching in some capacity
• Joyfully embrace the vision, mission of the church as well as the elder affirmation of faith
• Has passion to help create a missional culture with students and parents
• Can thrive in mix of homeschool, private school and public school families
• Seeks to lead in weakness (2 Cor 12:9) and truly be known by others
• Develop a discipleship plan and vision for the youth ministry that is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the church
• Pursue intentional disciple-making relationships with students
• Provide Christ-like leadership to volunteers and students, praying for them and seeking to care for their souls.
• Recruit a team(s) of volunteers as needed who will help disciple students
• Teach God’s Word to students and other leaders
• Regularly communicate with parents throughout the year concerning plans, updates, and needs regarding the youth ministry.
• Help parents as they raise their children by resourcing them, praying and with/for them, meeting one-on-one as needed, etc)
• Participate in the life of the church and be willing to serve in other areas that may be needed.
• Potential to grow into full-time family pastor position
• Salary | 20hrs/week
Submit resume to [email protected]
Handout: Youth Pastor Job Description.pdf