We do what we do because we love what we love.
What we love is significantly influenced by what we assume to be true.
What we assume to be true is shaped by what we know.
So it’s important to ask, “How do we know what we know?” Do we know what we need to know in order to love what we ought to love?
Though we can come to know much through experience and reasoning, we can also learn from revelation, which is authoritative, coming from the One with all knowledge.
Bethlehem College & Seminary seeks to heighten, deepen, and broaden each student’s exposure to all three ways of knowing, with the intended outcome of love and joy.
The Board of Trustees recently conducted a daylong meeting to govern the school toward these aims, and it’s my privilege to report the following items:
- A task force is at work to refine and clarify what we mean by “church-based” theological education.
- It was gratifying for me to observe current president Tomlinson and future president Rigney sit side by side throughout the daylong meeting, each making their own vital contributions to the business at timely junctures.
- We heard a report from President Tomlinson about a nationwide 2.5% drop in college enrollment, while our enrollment at Bethlehem College & Seminary is the largest ever.
- And when some institutions of higher education are being forced to close because of the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and other forces, our economic dashboard looks good. This all seems to hinge directly upon the joy God gives to donors in continuing their generosity in providing scholarships.
- The trustees voted to keep next year’s tuition the same as it was this year.
We taste the steadfast love of the Lord, and for it we gladly give thanks.
Psalm 118:1 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
We are experiencing his steadfast love not only through his great and precious promises, but through his provision for this institution and for her pursuit of serious joy.
Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Praise God with us for what he did through our board of trustees last week and for his continued faithfulness to Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- Please continue to pray for our school during these extraordinary times. Pray for wisdom and strength as we continue to deal with the challenges brought about by the pandemic.
- And, as always, please keep praying for our school’s finances. The Lord has been so gracious to us through many of you who have contributed both last year and already this year. We praise the Lord for you and ask that He raise up more generous supporters in the months and years to come.