Kandern, Baden-Wurttenburg Germany
Black Forest Christian Fellowship is an English speaking, non-denominational, gospel-centered church family located in Kandern, Germany. We are a unique gathering of over 400 people, approximately half of which are students who attend Black Forest Academy and half of which are vocational missionaries working with a variety of sending agencies (Cru, Wycliff, SIL, GEM, Pioneers, etc). We are committed to sharing the gospel and sharing our lives so that the glory of Christ would be exalted in us and through us.
We are looking for an associate pastor to join our lead pastor and current associate pastor to form a pastoral team that will serve the BFCF church family in a variety of ways. Specific responsibilities will depend on that person’s unique gifts and skills. The right person for this role will have love for Jesus, a desire to steward his bride in a cross-cultural setting so that the members of this church family would be equipped to do the many varied works of ministry that God has called them to.
All of the staff of the church have raised their own support to provide for the majority of their living expenses but the church does provide a small stipend to help towards this end. General duties are listed below but we are looking for the right person for this position and we are willing to tailor the duties to a person’s gifts.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The role of the associate pastor is to work in harmony with the elders, have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of BFCF, and align key leadership teams with its mission.
The associate pastor is the primary support person for ministry in concert with the lead pastor and will work alongside elders, staff and volunteers to accomplish our mission (1 Thess. 2:8).
Worship & Programming (25%):
1. Assist lead pastor in planning and executing worship services.
2. Provide public leadership in worship services (call to worship, benediction, etc.)
3. Preach and teach as needed/requested.
Care & Connections (25%)
1. Pray regularly for people and leadership of BFCF.
2. Provide congregants with care and counseling as able (refer elsewhere as needed).
3. Connect people with “next steps”: partnership, fellowship, serving.
1. Support ministry leaders actively, ensuring they have needed resources.
2. Secure/confirm staffing for church programming (utilizing PCO, etc.)
3. Help maintain record of BFCF partners (and active non-partners).
4. Serve as elder, attending meetings.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
Communications/Public Relations (15%)
1. Contribute to written communications (e-bulletin, etc.)
2. Cultivate favorable relations with BFA and the Kandern community at-large.
Professional Development (10%):
1. Pursue growth through edifying practices (e.g., personal retreats, ministerials) and continuing education (e.g., conferences, reading).
– Theological training required; graduate degree preferred.
– Excellent relational skills
Please send an email to the lead pastor, Joe Batluck: [email protected]