Is the Lord calling you to pastoral ministry in student evangelism, family discipleship, and youth ministry in Northern Colorado? Bring your enthusiasm for highly relational, team-based ministry to Bethel Baptist Church (bethelgreeley.com), a Gospel-centered church in Greeley, Colorado. We are filling one of two full-time positions which will depend on the applicants.
Why is this role for you?
• You have been called by God to serve in youth ministry, and your natural and spiritual gifts demonstrate that calling
• You are excited to shepherd existing volunteer ministry teams and develop new leaders
• You are obsessed with God’s Word and His Gospel
• You are a builder at heart, and desperately long to see God build His Kingdom through the ministry of the local church
• You are looking for a challenging, exciting opportunity to serve in a growing ministry, where you will grow, too. You don’t want easy; you want the good kind of hard
• You thrive in a team-based ministry environment where ministry leaders build one another up
• The administrative side to ministry is part of where you thrive, but your heart beats for building up people
What you bring to the Bethel Baptist Church team:
• The character, calling, and commitment of an elder, in accordance with 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, 1 Peter 5, etc.
• A clear understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, a comprehensive understanding of the Old and New Testaments and a demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge to a local congregation
• Strong, demonstrated gifting in relational, team-based ministry leadership
• For married candidates, a spouse in full support of your ministry calling, who will serve in the church in the way that suits her own gifts
• Desired education: BA and/or a Master’s Degree in a ministry-related field (MDiv preferred), or commitment to pursue further education
• Desired experience: 5+ years in pastoral ministry, with experience in youth ministry
• Complete agreement with Bethel’s Statement of Faith
• Ability to develop and manage a ministry budget
Key Accountabilities – Youth:
• Shepherds and equips the youth of the church (grades 6-12) in partnership with parents and youth team, and engages unchurched students with the Gospel
• Recruits, trains, and oversees teams of volunteers and student leaders, and enthusiastically includes and invites parents in ministry
• Creates an exciting, welcoming program that encourages inclusion and the building up of the Body of Christ
• Strives in prayer for the students of Bethel and their unsaved peers
• Plans and oversees student Missions Trips in the US and abroad, as well as other projects
• Oversees the processing of Applications and Background Checks for children & youth volunteers
Key Accountabilities – General:
• Provides Gospel-centered, Word-saturated leadership to all ministries to youth in grades 6-12, plus shepherding oversight of other ministries as assigned
• Participates in staff prayer and planning meetings, and collaborates with the Senior Pastor in the development of preaching and worship schedules
• Keeps consistent office hours and participates on Sundays unless sick, on vacation, or on assignment for the church
• Participates with the Elders in the shepherding of the congregation, including teaching and preaching, visitation, counseling, and other pastoral duties as needed
• Works closely with, and reports to, the Senior Pastor
What is Greeley like?
Greeley is a fast-growing city of just over 100k people, an hour north of Denver, in Colorado’s Front Range Urban Corridor. Founded in 1869, Greeley is the county seat of Weld County, the richest agricultural county east of the Rocky Mountains. This makes for an awesome combination of urban and rural – the USDA reported 545,000 head of cattle in Weld County in 2017! In Greeley, you’ll find all the excitement of a bustling mid-sized city, and ten minutes outside the city you’ll find wide open spaces and clear skies for stargazing. Estes Park, a gorgeous mountain resort town, and Rocky Mountain National Park, are just 90 minutes west. Greeley’s also the home of the University of Northern Colorado and Aims Community College, with nearly 20,000 students between them. There’s a lot to love about Greeley.
Bethel Baptist Church, established in 1901, is a growing, multi-generational congregation, committed to the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ here in Northern Colorado and throughout the world. Located on a hilltop directly across the street from the University of Northern Colorado, Bethel is poised to see significant growth in the next few years. Bethel is a member of Converge, a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]