Rock Hill Community Church
We are looking for someone to help Rock Hill Community Church effectively transition into a multi-campus church. We have had a service going in the Chester Park neighborhood for over a year now but feel it is time to bring someone in to provide leadership to this service in order to more effectively reach that community. We are looking for someone who is a strong communicator that wants to preach and lead, but who wants to do so with the resources, coaching, and structure of an existing missional church.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor to strategically lead the Rock Hill Chester Park Campus by implementing Rock Hill’s vision in a second location in order to alleviate space and multiply our missional effectiveness.
- Be the primary communicator/preacher on Sundays at the Rock Hill Chester Park.
- Champion the vision and directionof Rock Hill bypastoring people, supporting volunteers, and one day overseeing future staff at Rock Hill Chester Park.
- Ensure that our connection and discipleship processes are effectively implemented at Rock Hill Chester Park. This includes connecting people to City Groups, serving opportunities, training opportunities and other ministry.
- Provide and coordinate pastoral care to the congregation of Rock Hill Chester Park. This includes general pastoral duties such as: preaching, teaching, communion, weddings, funerals, care, baptisms, pre-marriage counseling, etc.
- Ensure the implementation of Rock Hill’s missional and sending strategies for Chester Park.
Who I report to?
You will report to the Lead Pastor of Rock Hill.
Who Reports to me?
As you are leading the ministry at the Chester Park Campus, the volunteers, staff, worship team, and other ministry teams at that campus will report to you.
Who do I work alongside?
- You will serve on Rock Hill’s Pastoral Team and Elder Team.
- You will work alongside other godly pastors so as to not feel the isolation often caused by planting.
- You will be expected to be an active participant with our local and global networks.
- You will be invited to participate in Rock Hill’s ongoing leadership development, initially as a student and eventually as a trainer.
What is the Salary?
The salary range is $50-60k a year depending on experience, gifting, and qualifications.
What are the Hours?
This is a Full-time position with the expectation of 45-55 hours per week.
Requirements for the position are:
A passion for leading people to grow in Christ, meeting the character requirements for an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, a love for the church and alignment to our unique vision/mission, an established preaching gift,some pastoral or ministry experience, ability to effectively lead teams, strong interpersonal skills, effectiveness in executing strategy and implementing vision, ability to foster unity, and the capacity to equip, empower, and disciple volunteers to serve Christ. The Campus pastor must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life, and a servant’s heart. Vocational, educational and/or at least five years of related experience is preferred.