Living Hope Evangelical Free Church
The Lead Pastor shall be a man who seeks to glorify God in all he does, thinks, and says, through prayer, study, and meditation on God’s Word while displaying transparency and humility. He shall have a shepherd’s heart with strong teaching and preaching gifts. He will submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit in shepherding of the staff and congregation. He will ensure the spiritual health and growth of the congregation by working with the Elders, staff, and lay leaders in an intentional process for spiritual development.
Responsibilities: Serve as the primary leader of Living Hope
- He shall preach and teach the Word of God, coordinate the public gatherings of the church, watch over the spiritual welfare of the church, administer the ordinances, lead the staff, provide leadership to the congregation as a whole, and lead the members in practical Christian living.
- He will define all ministry structures, job descriptions, responsibilities and lines of accountability for the ministerial staff. He may change these as the needs of Living Hope change.
Specifically, he will focus on:
- Serve as the primary teacher in regular church gatherings, either through direct expository preaching or mentoring other gifted teachers in the church (1 Tim 4:6, 12).
- Work to build up the church members so that they are maturing in the faith of Christ (Eph 3:14-19, 4:14-15).
- Serve as the primary leader responsible for keeping the local church pure and free from false doctrine, lack of love, and other sins which would decimate a church (Rev 2:1-7, 18-29).
- Primary focus of prayer and ministry of God’s Word (Acts 6:4).
- Work with leadership to determine specifics of advancing Christ’s kingdom in the local communities (Matt 28:18-20).
- Oversee and personally be involved in training future teachers, leaders, and elders (2 Tim 2:2).
- Responsible for hiring pastoral staff and involved in appointing elders (Acts 6:1-6, 14:23, 1 Tim 5:22, Titus 1:5).
- Work to resolve any conflicts, particularly among church leadership, showing no partiality (1 Tim 5:19-21, Matt 18:15-17, 1 Cor 5:12-13, 1 Tim 5:1).
Care for Church Body
- Responsible for church operations, overseeing distribution of financial resources, and all other duties as set forth in the Constitution, Bylaws, and Governance Policies, through delegation when appropriate (Acts 6:1-4, 1 Tim 5:3-8).
- Work to create a culture of true fellowship among believers (Acts 2:42, Rom 1:12, Gal 6:1-2, James 2:15-16, Heb 10:24-25).
- Teach and model disciple-making, helping church members use their gifts to build each other up (Eph 4:11-13), to be “in the world but not of the world” (Matt 5:13, 1 Cor 5:9-10).
- Lead and equip church members to be Christ’s witnesses, locally, regionally, and globally (Acts 1:8).
- Serve as the primary overseer of global workers (i.e. missionaries) sent out from the church, as well as those involved in local outreach on a full-time basis (Acts 13:1-
- Has the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
- Has an accountability partner who is neither a family member nor an attendee or member of Living Hope (2 Sam 12:1-15).
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]