Cannon Beach, OR United States
Lead Pastor/Teaching Elder at Cannon Beach Bible Church in Cannon Beach, Oregon
Apply by: March 31, 2024
Salary (depends on experience): ~60k
- Meet the qualifications of elder and maintaining a consistent walk in keeping with all of
the Elder qualification passages found in 1 Tim. 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9.
- Realize that your first and primary ministry is to your family. (1 Tim 5:8, Eph 5:25-27)
- Be devoted to prayer and the study of God’s Word as partners together with the membership of CBBC. (Acts 6:4)
- Have a walk marked by a desire for the lost, a defense of the faith, protection and feeding of the sheep, self control and self discipline. (1 Cor 9:23-27)
- Studies, lives and preaches the Word.
- Have a desire to reach a dark and spiritually depraved area through evangelism.
- Teaching and personal theological convictions to be in line with our doctrinal statement
as interpreted by the Bible: https://www.cbbc.us/ doctrinal-statement.
- Able to teach and exposit the word (2 Tim. 4:2).
- Equip the membership of the church through teaching in church services, Sunday School, and other midweek gatherings. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Instruct, disciple and nurture potential church leaders and those interested in vocational ministry.
- As the main preacher of CBBC preach the majority of sermons in any 52 week year.
- Exercise oversight over all teaching ministries of the church, ensuring that all instructors and leaders are properly qualified and that all materials reflect the biblical convictions of CBBC.
- Model evangelism through training and regular evangelism events. (Matt 28:19, 2 Tim 4:5)
- Pray for, visit, and care for the sick. (Matt 25:37-40, 1 Thess 2:7)
- Provide Biblical counseling. (Proverbs 13:10)
- Assist in restoration of members as outlined in Matthew 18 as necessary.
- Invest in the lives of congregants through intentional fellowship outside of planned church activities.
- Engage with community through church social media and oversee church technology endeavors. (Acts 17:16-22)
- Serve as member of financial/budgetary committee.
- Oversee on all church reports and, along with fellow elders, decide upon all programs submitted by fellow elders, committees, and members.
Education: Mdiv or equivalent degree preferred.
Cannon Beach Bible Church is located in the picturesque, quaint and world famous tourist
destination of Cannon Beach, Oregon. We are a small, elder-ruled church committed to the
accurate exposition of God’s Word and the living out of the great commission. We are
composed of about 30 members. We are thankful for God’s sustaining of CBBC in an area that
has a dearth of solid teaching. Our congregation spans an 80 mile long section of the Oregon
Coast from Warrenton Oregon to Tillamook Oregon. The community is primarily composed of
retirees, and workers in the hospitality, logging, fishing and dairy industries. The church has
grown about 500% in the last 5 years from 7 to 30.
CBBC’s distinctives are as follows:
● Literal, grammatical historical hermeneutic
● Expositional Preaching
● The importance of sound doctrinal music that accurately communicates God’s Word and is written by doctrinally sound writers
● We are a unified and loving body of believers that enjoys being spiritually well fed.
● We want to grow in sanctification and Christlikeness.
God has blessed us with much growth in the last 5 years. Not just numerically – we have also
been blessed with spiritual growth of members.
We believe that Christ, not the state is the head of the church.
We share our facilities with a very like minded Spanish-speaking congregation whose church
meets Sunday nights
Please contact Dan Martin at [email protected]
For more information visit us online: https://www.cbbc.us.