Faith Bible Church (FBC) seeks a Lead Teaching Pastor to join our staff. FBC is a healthy, financially-sound, elder-led, independent Bible church of ~500 weekly adult attendees in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Skills and Strengths Needed
1. Humble and Servant’s heart toward the Lord and others
2. Ability to exegete Scripture and make applicable to the body
3. Visionary Leader with transitional wisdom
4. Multi-Generational Leader
5. Proven track record of leading and preaching
6. Working knowledge of church dynamics
Background and Church Structure: our current Senior Pastor of 23 years is in good standing with the church, staff, and elders. After 23 years, he has sought a change to his duties and focus. After a season of thoughtful and prayerful consideration, the FBC Elder Board has approved a transition plan involving a shift from his primary role of teaching once a new Lead Teaching Pastor is hired. The new Lead Teaching Pastor and our Executive Pastor will both independently report directly to the Elder Board. The staff as well as the pastors of youth, counseling, worship, and our current Senior Pastor (in his next role) will each report to the Executive Pastor.
Primary Responsibilities of Lead Teaching Pastor
1. Serve as the primary teaching pastor on Sunday mornings.
2. Provide leadership to the teaching ministries of the church.
3. Share with Elders and Pastoral staff the following areas of responsibility: Preaching, Teaching, Renewing the ongoing vision of the church, Counseling, Spiritual Leadership, Visitation, and Ordinances.
4. In partnership with the Executive Pastor, actively seek out opportunities to participate in and strengthen the culture of the pastoral staff.
5. As needed, premarital counseling, and officiate weddings as approved by Elders.
Next Steps: We are seeking resumes (send to [email protected]) from men of character and skill who desire a long-term, Lead Teaching Pastor role, and who are a fit with our doctrine, traditions, and philosophy of ministry. If you have 10yrs (+/-) pastoral experience and this describes you, please visit www.fbccincy.org to view our Statement of Faith, Traditions, Ministry Philosophy (DNA), Constitution and By-Laws, and Structure. Past sermons and Sunday Livestream of our in-person Worship Services are also available at www.fbccincy.org.
Thank you for your interest. We will confirm the receipt of your resume.
Contact Information: Send resumes to [email protected]