Maple Plain, MN United States
The Student Ministries Pastor will partner with parents to purposefully lead and love middle school and high school students (grades 6th-12th) into a thriving relationship with Jesus. He will also equip and train adult and student leaders so that we are multiplying disciples and developing disciple-makers. This position is full-time and reports to the Senior Pastor
This position requires someone with a strong Christian testimony and proven experience in student ministries. This person must have the ability and desire to teach and proclaim biblical truth in a way that connects with youth so that students can develop a growing relationship with Jesus.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent organizational and relational skills with the ability to build a team ministry. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary, along with a spirit of perseverance, creativity, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
The preferred minimum academic requirement is a Bachelor’s degree. This person must be in agreement with Village Church’s doctrinal statement.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for the spiritual formation of students
• Recruit, equip, and mobilize both adult and student leaders to serve within the ministry
• Prepare and present lessons for the various weekly youth gatherings
• Regularly communicate ministry goals with parents of students and encourage their involvement.
Encourage and facilitate social and special events that build community and relationships
• Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole
• Develop a yearly budget for student ministries along with maintaining basic equipment, supplies and records for the youth program
• Attend regular worship services, special services, and business meetings.
• Provide pastoral care to the church community as needed.
• Perform other related work (ministry and administrative) as needed to help the Elders, staff and congregation fulfill the mission and vision of Village Church
If interested in position, please send cover letter and resume to Jeff Horch at [email protected]