Rochester Hills , MI United States
Student Ministries Pastor
Accountability: To the Senior Pastor & Deacons
The Student Ministries Pastor is primarily responsible for the planning, coordinating, leading, and shepherding of the middle school and high school ministries of First Baptist. Along with its ministry to students, this position also includes equipping parents to disciple their students at home.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a range of primary responsibilities for this position, though they should not be seen as exclusive:
• Model Jesus Christ before the students of FBCR.
• Promote and fulfill the mission of FBCR in and through the student ministries.
• Disciple students to grow in their spiritual walk.
• Provide pastoral care, including counseling for students, their families, and friends as needed.
• Serve as the primary teacher of the middle school and high school ministries, delegating this responsibility as needed and accepting responsibility for the doctrine and teaching that students receive.
• Recruit, train, equip, and encourage adult leaders to serve in various areas of Student Ministries.
• Work in conjunction with the student ministries administrative assistant to ensure clear and effective communication to students, parents, and youth leaders regarding middle school and high school events and activities.
• Develop and implement an ongoing evaluation process for the effectiveness of the middle school and high school ministries.
• Oversee the student ministries budget, including curriculum, events, and mission trips.
• Encourage participation of students into the life of the congregation as active participants of the church family (membership, ministry involvement, etc.).
• Operate as a team player with the church staff and ministry leaders of FBCR.
Contact Bob Mangin; [email protected] – Cell: (586) 382-1221 – Please submit resume to my email address.
Handout: Student Ministry Job description.pdf