As a young pastor Paul realized a huge gap when it came to his “declaring the whole counsel of God” to his flock and so worked on back-filling that personal and pastoral gap with remedial studies of the First Testament.
By God’s grace, he brings to the seminary classroom experience in pastoring, church-planting, hospital chaplaincy, teaching and leading in theological education, consulting, and board governance. Learning and serving has taken him to thirty countries on four continents and an opportunity for him and his family to live in a 900 year old house. His favorite “hobby” is family. He and his wife Lois are grateful parents of three and grandparents of five.
- “Book of Lamentations” in Expositor’s Bible Commentary, Zondervan, 2017.
- “Book of Lamentations” in Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, Zondervan, 2016.
- Contributing author, Lexham Bible Dictionary, 2015
- Survey of Major Prophets: OT231. Lexham Press, 2014-2016
- “Background to the Old Testament” in The Portable Seminary. Bethany House, 2006.
- Genre of Communal Lament. Atlanta: Scholars Press. 1992.
- Contributing author, Anchor Bible Dictionary. N.Y.: Doubleday, 1992
- Contributing author, Wycliffe Bible Encyclopedia. Chicago:Moody, 1975
- M.A., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School/Jerusalem University College
- M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Ph.D., Dropsie College of Hebrew & Cognate Learning (UPenn)